- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Recommended iMac Configuration
I am looking at purchasing a new 27" iMac and wanted some advice regarding the customisation options that the Apple store offers.
I will be using my iMac primarily for recording, mixing and producing music using Logic Pro X. I also store and watch a lot of HD movies
I've read the iMore page regarding buying a new iMac but I'd like to hear some opinions for what I should purchase
Thanks in advance for any responses!
- 07-14-2014, 07:40 AM #2
Re: Recommended iMac Configuration
If budget allows, I highly recommend upgrading to 16 GB RAM and the 2.5 ghz quad-core i7. Flash storage is also ideal but this is very expensive, so I would recommend the fusion drive if you are upgrading with factory parts.
You can provide your own RAM and SSD aftermarket if you are so inclined and wish to save money on the initial purchase.
If your budget is tight, the base model at $1799 will be acceptable. Since you can provide your own RAM and SSD aftermarket, you can potentially fix two of the major bottlenecks on your system but if you are into heavy/serious music production you will really appreciate the added power of the i7 CPU.
- By nmburns in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 9Last Post: 11-30-2014, 05:46 PM
- By boothes18 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 07-09-2014, 05:09 PM
- By leepierre in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 1Last Post: 06-30-2014, 06:08 AM
- By borischelski in forum iPod & iPod TouchReplies: 1Last Post: 06-29-2014, 09:00 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-18-2014, 07:20 PM