Wallpaper will not stick

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Afternoon gentlemen. I am trying to get a certain wallpaper to stay on one of the accounts I have created on my iMac. Every time I log out, it will revert to the default Mavericks wallpaper. What might I be doing wrong?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
You may want to try restarting your computer, then try to save the wallpaper. Also if there are updates for your computer, you may want to update it first because this may be a bug that gets fixed with the update.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Afternoon gentlemen. I am trying to get a certain wallpaper to stay on one of the accounts I have created on my iMac. Every time I log out, it will revert to the default Mavericks wallpaper. What might I be doing wrong?

Forgive me if I'm being a little to nitpick, but when you answer questions all day everyday like we do, you try to cover all bases. Having said that, you stated that when you "logout" the wallpaper image revert to the default Mavericks wallpaper. Well, what happens when you log back in? Do you see the Mavericks wallpaper or the wallpaper you set prior to logging out?

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Forgive me if I'm being a little to nitpick, but when you answer questions all day everyday like we do, you try to cover all bases. Having said that, you stated that when you "logout" the wallpaper image revert to the default Mavericks wallpaper. Well, what happens when you log back in? Do you see the Mavericks wallpaper or the wallpaper you set prior to logging out?

I am confused. What would it matter if the picture reset while I was logging out, but stuck to the picture I chose when logging back in? I wouldn't have a problem, yes? The problem is when I log back in, the wallpaper that shows is not the one I chose. It is the default Mavericks Wave picture. Hence it resets when I log out, or so I assumed.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am confused. What would it matter if the picture reset while I was logging out, but stuck to the picture I chose when logging back in? I wouldn't have a problem, yes? The problem is when I log back in, the wallpaper that shows is not the one I chose. It is the default Mavericks Wave picture. Hence it resets when I log out, or so I assumed.

I have a MacBook running OS X Mavericks. The wallpaper that I use is one that depicts blue waves. When I logout, that particular wallpaper is replaced with the default grey wallpaper at the login screen. I wasn't sure if you expected to see your specific wallpaper pic at the login screen after logging out or if you meant that when you logged out and then logged back in, the wallpaper changed to the default.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73