Can't setup two factor authentication - iPhone / iPad / Mac - no option to enable
Have an iPhone 6S+ and when I go to Settings --> iCloud --> Account --> Password & Security and there is no option for 2FA. Never had set up two-step verification on the the account.
Same as on the iPad. Both devices are running iOS 10.
On the Mac - running macOS Sierra - when I try to set up 2FA via the iCloud settings, I get this error: "2FA is not available for your Apple ID at this time."
Any thoughts out there on why this is occurring? I have searched a bit and can't find any definitive answers I haven't already tried. I have rebooted the phone and have also signed out of iCloud on the phone and signed back in. Still nothing.
- 09-25-2016, 01:57 PM #3
- 09-25-2016, 02:33 PM #4
Re: Can't setup two factor authentication - iPhone / iPad / Mac - no option to enable
So, I am on the phone with Apple support -- I am being told that 2FA has NOT been rolled out to all Apple IDs at this time. Kind of ludicrous there is NOTHING about this on Apple's support pages regarding 2FA.
I have been told I just have to check back on the Mac and iOS devices every couple of days or so. Stupid.
- By hellafrreal in forum iPhone 7Replies: 16Last Post: 09-24-2016, 01:16 PM
- By browetally in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 09-23-2016, 10:36 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 09-23-2016, 09:26 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-23-2016, 08:12 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-23-2016, 07:40 AM