ICloud Photos take forever to open

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I use icloud for my photos. I have my iphone 6s+ set to optimize locally and store the originals on icloud. Seems to work great, no problem. I have over 35,000 photos.
However, if I try to open an image and especially a video that is not stored locally, it takes forever to load it from icloud. Sometime it never loads. I can wait 10 minutes, and then I just give up.

Any ideas how to get this working?

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
That has nothing to do with it. Thanks for your reply, but that has nothing to do with it.
I have fiber to my house 1ith 1GB symetrical connection. I don't think that's the issue.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes that happens to me too, hence why I prefer Google Photos. That's why I store my photos and videos to both iCloud and Google Photos

ITGuy601

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Depends on the specific situation. Prerequisites would be sufficient storage on device, given the photos/videos are on iCloud I assume you have plenty of storage there. If you have taken all of those photos / videos from THAT device then you should have the original quality files on that device. If you have restored from icloud backup ( Like I just did on 7 ) you get your photos and videos but instead of the original full quality size you have a "thumbnail" if you will. I have literally had to scroll through 800 videos on my home WiFi and wait for each on to download the full quality version. It Sucks I know.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative