Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By maidenhaze
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Default Spam shared reminder request

I received a spam email to my iCloud account today along with a corresponding shared reminder list request from the same account. It has popped up several times in the reminders app and I have declined it every time, but it also keeps popping up as a notification even when the reminder request isn't showing in the app. It has been happening all day and it is driving me crazy. Anyone know how to block this account or keep this from happening?
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: Spam shared reminder request

I have this exact issue starting yesterday as well. Constant reminder invite about ray bans for $18.99. Hard to believe that Apple hasn't developed a way to block invites for reminders. I'm hoping this is fixed soon. I tried blocking address it is coming from. I even tried accepting it to opt outfit it but it just keeps coming back.

*editted to add: the only new app I have downloaded lately is Pokemon go...
    authentic103 likes this.

It looks like you'll either have to go to an Apple Store or communicate with Apple directly.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Newbie

Mine is for Oakleys so it must be a big knockoff sunglasses conspiracy.
    iMore Nanite

I just got this too, I got rid of it by going into my iCloud settings and toggling Reminders off and on again. That seems to have worked for now.
    iMore Nanite

how do you do that??

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Raymond View Post
    how do you do that??
    Welcome to iMore! Go to Settings > iCloud, then toggle Reminders off, and then back on. Let us know if it solves your issue!
    iMore Nanite

Whilst clearing the reminders I accidentally clicked on the link which opened the reminder app however nothing else happened. Are there any checks I should be doing?
    iMore Nanite

I've tried toggling the reminders button on & off but the spam keeps coming right back.