Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

1 Posts

Default Utilising iCloud efficiently

I pay for additional iCloud storage because I thought that once all my photos, apps and notes, etc from my MacAir, iPad & iPhone were uploaded, I could delete them from the respective devices (particularly the photos and notes) to gain extra space for further photos and downloads, and I could then access those old photos and notes via the iCloud any time. Is this correct? However, I cannot find anywhere that I can actually log into iCloud and view my photos and notes! I truly hope that I haven't lost all those photos and diary notes. Can anyone please explain in plain English to me as I am not technically au fait, thank you.

Default Re: Utilising iCloud efficiently

Welcome to iMore! Generally speaking, iCloud is a backup solution, not an online storage solution. If you delete the note/photo from your device it will most likely also be deleted from iCloud.
    Your best bet is to go to iCloud.com using a web browser. Hopefully your stuff is still there!