- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Utilising iCloud efficiently
I pay for additional iCloud storage because I thought that once all my photos, apps and notes, etc from my MacAir, iPad & iPhone were uploaded, I could delete them from the respective devices (particularly the photos and notes) to gain extra space for further photos and downloads, and I could then access those old photos and notes via the iCloud any time. Is this correct? However, I cannot find anywhere that I can actually log into iCloud and view my photos and notes! I truly hope that I haven't lost all those photos and diary notes. Can anyone please explain in plain English to me as I am not technically au fait, thank you.
- 07-08-2016, 08:25 PM #2
- 7,805 Posts
Re: Utilising iCloud efficiently
Welcome to iMore! Generally speaking, iCloud is a backup solution, not an online storage solution. If you delete the note/photo from your device it will most likely also be deleted from iCloud.
Your best bet is to go to iCloud.com using a web browser. Hopefully your stuff is still there!
- By iMore Question in forum iCloudReplies: 2Last Post: 07-07-2016, 04:16 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iCloudReplies: 2Last Post: 07-07-2016, 09:18 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 07-06-2016, 11:37 AM
- By vegas33139 in forum OS X El Capitan (10.11)Replies: 2Last Post: 07-06-2016, 07:26 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-06-2016, 05:54 AM