Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By twinlight
  • 1 Post By Ledsteplin
  • 1 Post By 2015Girl
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    498 Global Posts

Default What do upgraded iCloud storage plans include?

Lets say that I want to buy more iCloud storage. I get 5gb free. What does it include??
    iMore Beginner

Default Re: Storage??

It includes more megabytes of available space...
    Tartarus likes this.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    5,092 Global Posts

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201318

"When you sign up for iCloud, you automatically get 5GB of free storage. You can use that storage for backups, iCloud Photo Library, iCloud Drive, Mail, and more. Your purchased music, movies, apps, books, TV shows, and shared albums dont count against your free storage. If you need more iCloud storage, you have two options:

Upgrade to a total of 50GB, 200GB, or 1TB of iCloud storage. Learn about iCloud storage plans and pricing.
    Reduce the amount of iCloud storage that you use. "
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    498 Global Posts

Thank You!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany01 View Post
    Thank You!!!
    Are you running short on storage? I've had an iPhone for over 4 years now. I still have about half my free 5 gb available. The trick is to make your iCloud back up as small as possible. Before you back up, be sure to delete the "recently deleted" album. It will take up space on your back up.
    Tartarus likes this.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    498 Global Posts

Default Re: What do upgraded iCloud storage plans include?

Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    Are you running short on storage? I've had an iPhone for over 4 years now. I still have about half my free 5 gb available. The trick is to make your iCloud back up as small as possible. Before you back up, be sure to delete the "recently deleted" album. It will take up space on your back up.
    No I was just wondering
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,671 Global Posts

It gives you more storage. I have the 200GB plan since I store my photos on the cloud.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts

Yeah..I have 50gb...always wondered why they don't have a 100gb option...jumps from 50-200...weird...or 500gb..jumps from 200-1tb..

I store all my photos in Box and Dropbox. That gives me 55 gb of storage for photos. That way I stay within my 5 free gb on iCloud. Not giving Apple any more money than I have to. LOL
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts

Yeah...I had Box, OneDrive too. I had like 50gb of free space on OneDrive and I think around 15 on Box. Now MS decides to start charging for what space I had...not sure how they got my card # but I saw the charge on it...I'm dropping them..
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts

Actually, I have 50gb of free space on Box also, but Box doesn't show actual file dates only the date u uploaded it, nor does it display any metadata.. I don't like it. iCloud Photos is best for that, but doesn't show file names or allow to change them.. OneDrive does show file names and allow changes but does not show gps exif data...very frustrating that there are NO solutions that offer exactly what I want. After I get my iCloud Albums fixed, I should be able to find things better. I'm just hoping that soon iCloud will allow to see file names and allow changes to them..

Quote Originally Posted by xboxbml View Post
    Actually, I have 50gb of free space on Box also, but Box doesn't show actual file dates only the date u uploaded it, nor does it display any metadata.. I don't like it. iCloud Photos is best for that, but doesn't show file names or allow to change them.. OneDrive does show file names and allow changes but does not show gps exif data...very frustrating that there are NO solutions that offer exactly what I want. After I get my iCloud Albums fixed, I should be able to find things better. I'm just hoping that soon iCloud will allow to see file names and allow changes to them..
    In Box, you can change the file name and use the date taken as the name. The exif data is retained. It can be viewed in other apps. I'll keep OneDrive to store a few large videos I have. Hate they are ripping us. Box is my favorite.