- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Need to delete a device off iCloud but don't want to lose everything
Basically I took my iPhone travelling with me so have 1000s photos on there. I stored them all on iCloud and I am now getting a new phone. I don't want all of these photos on my new phone because I don't have the space - I am going to buy an apple computer so could store all of the photos on there... If i were to sign my computer into my icloud (so all of the photos were on there) but then removed my current iPhone from the cloud, would I lose all the photos as I took them on my phone?
- 06-29-2016, 04:41 PM #2
- 10,529 Posts
Re: Need to delete a device off iCloud but don't want to lose everything
Hi, welcome to iMore.
First make sure all your photos are synced to your computer after logging in. Then go to iCloud com and delete your device as you wish. Deleting your device isn't equal to deleting all information saved on iCloud.
Your phone will simply not be associated with your account anymore.
After buying your new iPhone, you can go to Settings > iCloud and toggle off iCloud Photo Library and My Photo Stream. This way your photos on iCloud will NOT be synced to your new phone, but will stay on iCloud till you decide to do otherwise.
- By kidstechno in forum iOSReplies: 11Last Post: 07-14-2016, 12:31 AM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-29-2016, 05:34 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 06-29-2016, 03:35 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iMacReplies: 1Last Post: 06-29-2016, 03:10 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-29-2016, 02:12 PM