How do I unlock iCloud from my iPod 6th edition?

I

iMore Question

How to unlock iCloud from iPod 6th edition

I bought this iPod from eBay and come to find out it has someone else's email for the iCloud how can I unlock it when I don't know the first owner?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
How to unlock iCloud from iPod 6th edition

Welcome to iMore! You literally cannot unlock it without the original owner's Apple ID and password. I would ask for a refund immediately.
Again, there is absolutely no way around this. Sorry!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to unlock iCloud from iPod 6th edition

You cannot bypass a device that is protected with the iCloud Activation Lock. Period.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Once it's locked, that's it unfortunately. It's designed to help thwart the selling of stolen items. Unfortunately many don't realize it until they've received them. Though in some cases it can be good intentions, selling a device that's no longer needed, and not realizing it's locked the way it is.

Contact the seller and see if they'll help you out. If you got it through eBay you may need to file a claim with eBay and/or Paypal.

Ziblio

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
You can't to it if you don't know the password for that account / device. If you paid with PayPal I think you can initiate a dispute, to get your money back.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Contact the seller and see if they'll help you out. If you got it through eBay you may need to file a claim with eBay and/or Paypal.

Good add. I'd give the seller 24 hours to respond and then initiate a dispute with eBay.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site

You need the person credentials otherwise you have a fancy paperweight.

If you paid via PayPal (which I REALLY hope you did), open a dispute if you haven't heard back from the seller.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner