iCloud Photo Library and iPhone
First of all, i want to say sorry for my english, i'm french canadian and not perfectly bilingual.
1 week ago , i decide to upload all my photo and video library on my iMac (7200 photos and 275 videos) to keep a backup on iCloud. So, i subscribe to the 50GB plan and "activate" iCloud Photo Library on my iMac.
Now, the problem...on my iPhone 6+ (16GB only), iCloud photo library take up to 6GB of storage and i have under 1GB of free space.
My question, is there a way to keep all my photos and videos on iCloud and not keeping an "optimise" version on my iPhone ?
I'm on my way to transfer all photos and videos on google photos but i want to know before if i can do something with this problem.
thanks a lot !!
- 06-05-2016, 06:56 PM #2
Re: iCloud Photo Library and iPhone
The answer is no. iCloud is more of a sync service than it is a storage service. With the exception of disabling iCloud Photo Library and Photo Stream, you cannot have photos in iCloud and not have them on your device.
- 06-05-2016, 07:15 PM #3
- By TwitchyPuppy in forum The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & TradeReplies: 17Last Post: 07-11-2016, 09:56 PM
- By pink_corvette34 in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 3Last Post: 06-07-2016, 02:44 PM
- By Hendri kusliawan in forum iTunesReplies: 2Last Post: 06-06-2016, 07:34 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 06-05-2016, 06:39 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-05-2016, 12:12 PM