Regarding notes password protection, can someone that has access to my iCloud view my notes without having to enter the password?

I

iMore Question

Regarding notes password protection

If I lock my notes on my iphone with a password, can someone who has access to my iCloud account view my notes without having to enter the password?
In other words, would iCloud.com ask for the note's password or would it just display the note presuming the other person is the owner since he managed to log into my iCloud?
Thanks

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Regarding notes password protection

Welcome to iMore! If someone has access to your iCloud account, I would change the password. I doubt that note is visible in iCloud.com.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Regarding notes password protection

While it's true that note is no visible on iCloud.com, note can be sync with other iDevices sharing the same iCloud account, and even though it will sync, the note app on the other iDevices that sync with your iCloud account will require a password in order to view the notes, unless that iDevice is on lower iOS version with note not update with password protection, in which case I think the notes should not sync at all. Need someone who have experience this particular case to confirm.
Conclusion, one could have your iCloud password, sync your iCloud content to their iDevices, but they will still be asked to enter passwords in other to view the notes. Or the notes will simply not sync in case the iDevice is on iOS 7 for example.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods