Regarding notes password protection
If I lock my notes on my iphone with a password, can someone who has access to my iCloud account view my notes without having to enter the password?
In other words, would iCloud.com ask for the note's password or would it just display the note presuming the other person is the owner since he managed to log into my iCloud?
- 05-20-2016, 06:16 AM #2
- 05-20-2016, 05:19 PM #3iMore Expert
- 800 Posts
Re: Regarding notes password protection
While it's true that note is no visible on iCloud.com, note can be sync with other iDevices sharing the same iCloud account, and even though it will sync, the note app on the other iDevices that sync with your iCloud account will require a password in order to view the notes, unless that iDevice is on lower iOS version with note not update with password protection, in which case I think the notes should not sync at all. Need someone who have experience this particular case to confirm.
Conclusion, one could have your iCloud password, sync your iCloud content to their iDevices, but they will still be asked to enter passwords in other to view the notes. Or the notes will simply not sync in case the iDevice is on iOS 7 for example.
- By Just_Me_D in forum iPad Pro (9.7-inch)Replies: 16Last Post: 08-13-2016, 06:11 PM
- By Chelsea Garmon in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 1Last Post: 05-14-2016, 01:22 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-13-2016, 09:40 AM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-11-2016, 02:55 PM