How do I put my photos from iPhoto onto iCloud drive?

I

iMore Question

how do i put my photos from iPhoto onto iCloud drive?

does this happen automatically because i only see a few documents and photos

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: how do i put my photos from iPhoto onto iCloud drive?

does this happen automatically because i only see a few documents and photos

Welcome to iMore!

iCloud Drive isn't technically for photos. It's for documents and files. Your best bet is to back them up to iCloud.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

iCloud is not a storage option. It's a back up option. It backs up what is currently on your device. If you want storage, upload photos to Box or Dropbox. Then you can delete them from your camera roll.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Apple refers to it as storage, even offering you storage plans for as little as 99 cents a month.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201238

There are other storage options available, such as what you've mentioned; Dropbox, Box, or even SugarSync.

But you can't store anything on iCloud, then delete it from the device. That's where the use of the word "storage" gets confused. Too many think it's like Dropbox. It's not. It's a back up option. There's a difference.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

But you can't store anything on iCloud, then delete it from the device. That's where the use of the word "storage" gets confused. Too many think it's like Dropbox. It's not. It's a back up option. There's a difference.

True. Apple needs to fix that.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

True. Apple needs to fix that.

They should call it back up storage. I've seen some back up all their photos, then delete them from the phone. So then the only way to get those back is a restore. But only if another back up has not been done.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit