Back Ups- backing up to a PC or to iCloud?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Back Ups- backing up to a PC or to iCloud

I'm currently backing my iPhone up by connecting to iTunes on my PC. I will be going on vacation in a couple of months and am wondering if it would be wise to switch to backing up via iCloud while I'm away? Any advice will be much appreciated!

And this brings me to a second question: which is better? Backing up to a PC or via iCloud?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: Back Ups- backing up to a PC or to iCloud

I think a switch to iCloud for backing up your iPhone while you are away will be a good plan of action. If you are taking photos or videos there is always a risk of losing them permanently if you have no backup. As for your other question, I personally think backing up to you PC is far better than iCloud. I have nothing against iCloud in any way as I do use it for certain things. But at least if you have it on your PC and you are backing up your PC on a regular basis, you have two copies of your iPhone backup. Always better safe than sorry I say. I worry if anything were to happen to Apple's severs.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I prefer to backup via iTunes, but I also keep at least one iCloud backup, just in case.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

Thanks everyone! I'll switch to iCloud while I'm away, and the back to my PC when I return!!!