add files to Icloud drive without taking space in Mac
hi. i have a question. my mac doesnt have a lot of memory, and i was wondering if theres a way to add 30gb of pics to my icloud drive without my mac downloading those files. i just want them to be in the cloud. it seems that everytime i add something to my icloud drive, my computer will download it . i just wanna have the files on the cloud, not on the computer. thank you in advance
Last edited by angelmariano; 03-12-2016 at 09:07 PM.
- 03-13-2016, 07:37 AM #2
Re: add files to Icloud drive without taking space in Mac
I don't believe there is. If you have iCloud turned on on your Mac, it will continue to sync with iCloud anytime you add something to icloud. If you go into Settings>iCloud, you can set what you want to sync to your Mac. But as soon as you turn it back on and sync it again to add to iCloud, it will put everything back on your Mac.
My suggestion would be to get an external drive and use it for additional storage. I personally use iCloud for minimal things. I have several external drives that I use for additional storage, this way I do not have to sync with iCloud at a large capacity. External drives are cheap today. You can find 3TB drives for under $100. Something that large you can even partition and use it for storage and backups of your Mac.
Hope this info will be helpful to you.
- 03-17-2016, 02:43 AM #3
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 03-17-2016, 06:25 PM
- By NafcMontana in forum iPhone 5cReplies: 2Last Post: 03-13-2016, 05:00 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iCloudReplies: 1Last Post: 03-12-2016, 09:00 PM
- By JaySeeDoubleYou in forum Mac MiniReplies: 1Last Post: 03-12-2016, 08:40 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPadReplies: 1Last Post: 03-12-2016, 08:27 PM