- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Why doesn't the Podcast app sync the last played point, let alone even my subscriptions?
3 x AppleTV 4 - tvOS 9.1.1
2 x iPad 3 - iOS 9.2.1
1 x iPhone 6 - iOS 9.2.1
3 x OSX - 10.11.3
3 x iTunes - 184.108.40.206
I am a huge fan of watching video podcasts. It is the only way to watch technology relevant videos when/where I want to watch them. For the life of me, I cannot figure out the magic sauce to have all of my Apple devices successfully sync even my subscriptions across the board. Due to frustration, I began the long process of manually un-syncing all of my devices and deleting my subscriptions, short of what I consider to be my Primary Mac.
On the primary Mac I essentially deleted all of my subscriptions except 3 podcast which I split up into 2 Channels. I figured this would be a decent test case to determine if it was a subscription or possibly a Channel sync issue. Once setup on the Primary Mac, I began the arduous task of setting up the additional devices.
The first AppleTV was successful! This lead me to believe that all I had to do was essentially start over (I've had the same subscriptions through multiple iterations of Atv, etc). Maybe something had gotten corrupted on the back-end.
However all subsequent Atv and iOS devices failed to update/sync the same subscriptions defined on the Mac and picked up by the first Atv. Everything, except the first Atv show, "No Podcasts" under "My Podcasts".
This is driving me insane! Do you have any suggestions how to get several Apple devices to successfully sync podcast subscriptions and lat play state across all devices? If Apple can't do it, are there better video podcast apps than can?!
- Best AnswerMar 10 2016 | 6:49 am EST
- 03-10-2016, 06:49 AM #2
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 03-11-2016, 07:44 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 03-10-2016, 12:21 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-09-2016, 07:34 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-09-2016, 07:12 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iCloudReplies: 1Last Post: 03-09-2016, 07:07 PM