iCould Storage says it's full when it's not, what could it be?

I

iMore Question

iCould Storage says it's full when it's not

Whenever I access my photos, my iPhone 4S tells me that it hasn't backed up in however many days (currently 54), and that iCloud storage is full. However, I have purchased extra storage and have 41GB remaining, and when I go into backups it tells me that it did a backup yesterday! Is it just a bug on my phone, or is it not backing up? How can I tell? Thanks :-

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: iCould Storage says it's full when it's not

Welcome to iMore! You might can see what's going on better by going to iCloud.com on your computer and logging in. If that's not an option, go back to iCloud in Settings and look again. Before your next back up, be sure to trim everything down. Go to the recently deleted album in photos and delete those. Also delete messages and email. Are you sure the message you got was for iCloud storage? Could it have been RAM memory that was low? It could be too that it was, indeed, low until your last back up. That back up may have fixed it. The previous back up may have been bloated.

Sweet_LFA

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site

Hi, thanks for your response. There are no photos in in the "recently deleted" folder as it always tells me it hasn't got enough room and that they will be deleted immediately. It's not backing up email and messages (I've asked it not to) and yes it's definitely iCloud storage and nothing to do with RAM (which incidentally isn't low). My phone has done this off and on for the past year or so.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I would ignore the notifications. As long as it's showing plenty of storage and backing up you should be OK.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77