Can't Enable iCloud Backup?

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I tried to get my iPhone to backup to the iCloud, but I am unable to. It used to work but now does not. I tried all of the following tricks.

A message says my backup could not be completed

Make sure you're connected to the Internet with Wi-Fi.
If possible, try connecting to a different Wi-Fi network.
See if you have enough iCloud storage for your backup, and get more storage if you need it.
If you need more help, contact Apple Support.

I even did a clean install of iOS 9.2 to no avail. I did not restore but set it up as a new device but its still not working.

So contacted Apple support earlier today via chat who basically just confirmed what I did. They advised me that Apple is aware of the issue and is working on a fix? I do not buy that for some reason. So, has anyone ever ran into this in the past and what was the fix?

Thanks!

EDIT: I was recently on the 9.3 public beta, but was having issues on that version of iOS as well. Just wanted to throw that in there in case anyone else is having issues or if it somehow has now caused mine.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
September 16 when I first updated iOS 9. There were issues then for days. But most of that was a jammed up server. I had to wait until later at night to back up. How long have you been trying? I had that happen a week or so ago, but I just waited a few minutes and tried again. It did ok then. Have you tried toggling auto back up on, plug the phone in, then put it to sleep? See if it will back up on it's own.

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
September 16 when I first updated iOS 9. There were issues then for days. But most of that was a jammed up server. I had to wait until later at night to back up. How long have you been trying? I had that happen a week or so ago, but I just waited a few minutes and tried again. It did ok then. Have you tried toggling auto back up on, plug the phone in, then put it to sleep? See if it will back up on it's own.

I have been having issues since Saturday, when I first noticed my iCloud backups were not working correctly. After trying all the tricks I found online, none of which has helped. This is the first time I have ever had an issue with backups. I can't even toggle auto backup on again because it fails each time I try.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have been having issues since Saturday, when I first noticed my iCloud backups were not working correctly. After trying all the tricks I found online, none of which has helped. This is the first time I have ever had an issue with backups. I can't even toggle auto backup on again because it fails each time I try.

When was your last successful back up?

dave_1982

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
This is the exact same issue I'm having. I've had no luck with anything I've tried.

I think it could be an issue with 9.3 as I also downloaded the public beta and same as you restored back to 9.2. The last time my backup worked was 14th which is when I installed 9.3.

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
This is the exact same issue I'm having. I've had no luck with anything I've tried.

I think it could be an issue with 9.3 as I also downloaded the public beta and same as you restored back to 9.2. The last time my backup worked was 14th which is when I installed 9.3.

So you were having the same issue as well? Sucks I regret installing the beta now.

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site

Also if you happen to get this fixed, please let me know. Thanks!

bigcfredman

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
I too can't enable a I cloud backup on my iPad iPhone even auto backup don't work. I even deleted a old backup I hope Apple fixes this in next iOS update

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. Tried everything including turning off Keychain but nothing will fix the issue so I decided to turn on iCloud Drive and it works good for what it does and what it supports but I still can't perform an iCloud backup and after deleting my old back-ups in an attempt to fix the issue the only full back-up of my device is thru iTunes but it's not the fix we need seeing as I pay for storage I can't seem to use

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. Tried everything including turning off Keychain but nothing will fix the issue so I decided to turn on iCloud Drive and it works good for what it does and what it supports but I still can't perform an iCloud backup and after deleting my old back-ups in an attempt to fix the issue the only full back-up of my device is thru iTunes but it's not the fix we need seeing as I pay for storage I can't seem to use

I still have 3.3 gb of my 5 free gb available. Never purchased any extra. So far I back up ok. It may not the first try, but always has the second.

redkellywings

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Also having the exact same issues and tried everything including clean restore, but, still can't backup. Now can't even turn backup back on.
Keeps telling me "Backup Failed. There was a problem enabling iCloud Backup."

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Finally after trying all sorts of tricks I got a completed back-up of 20.1GB to the server

It shouldn't have mattered but I set the Auto-Lock to "Never" and it worked like a charm

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro