How to make photos from my mac stop uploading to my iphone?

Tete Baltazar

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Hi, every time I upload my photos from my iphone to my mac I don't want them anymore on my iphone so that I have more space, but when I upload some from my iphone to my mac it AUTOMATICALLY uploads all the past pictures from my mac to my iphone. I don't want them on my iphone because it takes up a lot of space but I dont know how to make the pictures from my iphone to mac upload but from mac to iphone not upload.

I just want my pictures from my iphone to upload to my mac but I don't want them on my iphone anymore and they upload themselves again and again and I have to erase them every time. I don't know how to explain it well but I hope someone will understand me.
Thank you!!! :)

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi, every time I upload my photos from my iphone to my mac I don't want them anymore on my iphone so that I have more space, but when I upload some from my iphone to my mac it AUTOMATICALLY uploads all the past pictures from my mac to my iphone. I don't want them on my iphone because it takes up a lot of space but I dont know how to make the pictures from my iphone to mac upload but from mac to iphone not upload.

I just want my pictures from my iphone to upload to my mac but I don't want them on my iphone anymore and they upload themselves again and again and I have to erase them every time. I don't know how to explain it well but I hope someone will understand me.
Thank you!!! :)

Okay, this can be easily solved with Image Capture and a setting in iTunes. Open Image Capture with your iPhone connected to your Mac, in the bottom left corner you will see a drop down menu that will allow you to choose which app you want to open to download images from your iPhone (provides screenshot). Choose Image Capture and below that, check off Delete after import. This will import the images from your iPhone and place them in a folder of your choosing and then delete them from your iPhone all in one step. Just use the drop down menu under Import To: to do that. But doing this will not give you a backup of your images, so I suggest you have some kind of backup for your Mac.

Screen-Shot-2016-01-05-at-7.32.00-AM.png

Next go into iTunes, then to your phone. Go to Photos. Make sure Sync Photos is unchecked (screenshot provided). This should stop your phone from syncing any photos from your Mac back onto your iPhone.

Screen-Shot-2016-01-05-at-7.22.39-AM.png

Ignore my settings in the screenshots provided and use the setting I have instructed. Screenshots are for locating things. Thank you.

RogMoore

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Okay, this can be easily solved with Image Capture and a setting in iTunes. Open Image Capture with your iPhone connected to your Mac, in the bottom left corner you will see a drop down menu that will allow you to choose which app you want to open to download images from your iPhone (provides screenshot). Choose Image Capture and below that, check off Delete after import. This will import the images from your iPhone and place them in a folder of your choosing and then delete them from your iPhone all in one step. Just use the drop down menu under Import To: to do that. But doing this will not give you a backup of your images, so I suggest you have some kind of backup for your Mac.

View attachment 100486

Next go into iTunes, then to your phone. Go to Photos. Make sure Sync Photos is unchecked (screenshot provided). This should stop your phone from syncing any photos from your Mac back onto your iPhone.

View attachment 100487

Ignore my settings in the screenshots provided and use the setting I have instructed. Screenshots are for locating things. Thank you.

That was quite helpful, thanks it solve one of my friend's problem too.