- iMore Nanite
- 2 Posts
iCloud Family sharing. Need permission for free apps?
We have activated iCloud Family Sharing, we only need it for Apple Music, but this has some drawbacks. As far as I can see, our children need to ask permission to download free apps using their own Apple-IDs now. As I use an Android phone myself, I do not get the request until I open my Mac or my iPad, which could take a while.
My oldest son is 13 so for him, I could remove the "ask permission" switch, but then he can buy what he wants in the app store, using my card. Not a wanted scenario.
Is there some way to work around this?
I am thinking to make four new Apple IDs, only for Apple Music, and include them in Family Sharing, but it doesn't seem to be possible to be logged into Apple Music with Apple ID A and the App Store with Apple ID B.
How do others deal with this?
- 01-01-2016, 08:55 AM #2
- 25,045 Posts
Re: iCloud Family sharing. Need permission for free apps?
My wife and I don't use Family Sharing. But afaik, there's no way around this at this time. But I could be wrong. You can send feedback on it. Be specific and to the point.
It should be an option to allow kids on the Family Sharing plan to download free stuff without asking for permission, but not paid items. IMO!
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6Replies: 2Last Post: 04-08-2016, 03:04 AM
- By aleph2012 in forum iCloudReplies: 3Last Post: 01-03-2016, 05:32 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-01-2016, 10:27 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-01-2016, 10:23 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iCloudReplies: 1Last Post: 01-01-2016, 12:55 AM