Need to recover an old AppleID, how can I?

aleph2012

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
Need to recover an old appleID

When restoring a new iPad from a backup from my old iPad, I discovered some of the apps were purchased using an old appleID. I have no idea what the password for that one is. All the appleID recovery processes just take me back to my current appleID. I can't seem to find a way to get any information about the old one.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Need to recover an old appleID

Welcome to iMore! Have you tried accessing your old account using a web browser? Go to http://appleid.apple.com. Use the forgot password function to reset your password. Keep in mind, apps purchased using another account aren't transferable to your new one. Are you sure you didn't simply update your email address at some point?

boltz82

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site

A few years back my Apple ID was hacked and someone changed it. I was never able to recover it and had to start all over from scratch.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

A few years back my Apple ID was hacked and someone changed it. I was never able to recover it and had to start all over from scratch.

Ouch! From my experience Apple Support can help with those situations. Obviously this is a moot point after a few years.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox