My iCloud showing it's full but it actually isn't. What is the issue?

Isa Al

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
My iCloud showing it's full but actually it shouldn't

Hey

I have recently upgraded my iCloud from 20Gb to 50Gb to back up my iPhone's data but I am just amazed how it's showing that all the 50Gb are used up and only around 250Mb are free while actually it's using around 12Gb only and here is a screenshot

what's the issue and how can I fix it?????

IMG_5710.PNG

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: My iCloud showing it's full but actually it shouldn't

Go to the screen 'prior to' the one depicted in the screenshot and see how much of available iCloud storage space is given.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

Yes. And also scroll UP on the screen you posted. Perhaps the iCloud Photo Library is taking up a significant amount of storage space.

Isa Al

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site

Go to the screen 'prior to' the one depicted in the screenshot and see how much of available iCloud storage space is given.

It shows that there is 267MB free out of 50GB I have and it shows that in the red bar at the end of my screenshot too.

Yes. And also scroll UP on the screen you posted. Perhaps the iCloud Photo Library is taking up a significant amount of storage space.

My photo streaming is disabled already so for sure it's not photos issue

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

I would delete all those double backups and then see what is shows

Isa Al

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site

I tried to delete the last one which seems a not complete backup. It showed connot be deleted so how can I delete it in that case?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
My iCloud showing it's full but actually it shouldn't

Welcome to iMore!

It's using more than 12gb, you're using at least 20 based on the backups and the additional 7.2gb for WhatsApp. Scroll up to the top and paste that screen shot as well so we can see what else is going on :)

Isa Al

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site

Welcome to iMore!

It's using more than 12gb, you're using at least 20 based on the backups and the additional 7.2gb for WhatsApp. Scroll up to the top and paste that screen shot as well so we can see what else is going on :)

Thanks! :)

Even if it's 20GB there is still around 30GB missing. And about the screenshot that's the whole screenshot. There is nothing above that just if I scroll down I will find the email backup which is around 60MB only.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Have you tried logging out of iCloud and back in? I wonder if it's not fully recognizing the full storage somehow. You have 20gb used that matches your previous limit.

Isa Al

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site

Have you tried logging out of iCloud and back in? I wonder if it's not fully recognizing the full storage somehow. You have 20gb used that matches your previous limit.

I upgraded from 20GB to 50GB like couple weeks ago and after upgrading I had around 30GB free space and everything seemed fine. But after couple days it started showing storage full and iPhone can't back up.

I am trying to delete the back up the has 0KB but it's not working at all and showing this error

IMG_5718.PNG

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2