I forgotten the restricted passcode from old phone when setting up new phone from cloud backup, what should I do?

I

iMore Question

forgotten restriction passcode from old phone when setting up new phone from cloud backup

Currently locked out of Restriction settings. How will that affect setting up a new phone from iCloud backup?

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: forgotten restriction passcode from old phone when setting up new phone from cloud backup

I believe that if the passcode was set in your backup, it will still be set when you restore.
The only way I can think of to get rid of it is to restore the phone to factory settings.
I've seen some stuff about backing up to iTunes and editing the backup files to remove the password, but that all seems pretty advanced.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: forgotten restriction passcode from old phone when setting up new phone from cloud backup

I believe that if the passcode was set in your backup, it will still be set when you restore.
The only way I can think of to get rid of it is to restore the phone to factory settings.
I've seen some stuff about backing up to iTunes and editing the backup files to remove the password, but that all seems pretty advanced.

Yes. Passcode/lock screen codes are trashed when the device is restored. Restriction passcodes are restored with the backup.

Restoring as new will also remove the restriction passcode.

You can search Google for methods using iBackupBot.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro