How can I change an iCloud email and password?

I

iMore Question

icloud password!

my uncle has given me his iphone but his icloud still in he has forgotten his email's password and the icloud password! what could i do to remove that email.com

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: icloud password!

my uncle has given me his iphone but his icloud still in he has forgotten his email's password and the icloud password! what could i do to remove that email.com

Your options are simple. He remembers the password, he resets the password, or you use it as a paperweight.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Unless he removes it or your the original owner and you can show proof of purchase to Apple, it's a paper weight. Apple won't do anything because they will assume it was stolen. This is why the Activation Lock feature was implemented in iOS 7.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

I continue to be amazed at the number of iOS device users who cannot remember their iCloud passwords. I use it at least once per day, if not more, for different things. My first reaction to these threads is, well, probably not nice enough to write here. :D

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

I continue to be amazed at the number of iOS device users who cannot remember their iCloud passwords. I use it at least once per day, if not more, for different things. My first reaction to these threads is, well, probably not nice enough to write here. :D

I was hacked 3 weeks ago and had an activation lock put on. My phone was then linked to an iTunes account in China. I went to Genius Bar and had to show my receipt, CC that matched the last 4 on the receipt, and ID. They unlocked it for me so I could take my device back over. They said this was a rare situation that somebody could provide everything they asked for to remove the activation lock.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

I was hacked 3 weeks ago and had an activation lock put on. My phone was then linked to an iTunes account in China. I went to Genius Bar and had to show my receipt, CC that matched the last 4 on the receipt, and ID. They unlocked it for me so I could take my device back over. They said this was a rare situation that somebody could provide everything they asked for to remove the activation lock.

Wow. That's twisted. Glad it worked out for you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2