iOS 9 says it backed up, but when i log into icloud on web, last backup time is iOS 8
I upgraded my device to iOS 9. Just before (2 hours ago), I backed it up. I've backed it up three times since, and the device gives the most recent back up time. But, when I log into iCloud on the web, it shows the backup time of the last iOS 8 backup.
I thought maybe things were slow, and so I just backed up a second iOS 8 device I have (tied to a different iCloud account). That backed up and is immediately visible with the correct backup time in iCloud.
So, in conclusion, backups on iOS 8 are immediately visible in iCloud when completed. Backups from iOS 9 do not show at all.
- 10-20-2015, 08:40 AM #2Q&A Jedi
- 3,365 Posts
Re: iOS 9 says it backed up, but when i log into icloud on web, last backup time is iOS 8
When you installed iOS 9 are you sure you selected backup to iCloud, and not backup to iTunes?
Go in to your settings, then iCloud, make sure iCloud drive is on, make sure backup is on. (good idea to make sure Find my iPhone is on also)
- By iMore Question in forum Apple HardwareReplies: 3Last Post: 09-27-2015, 08:53 AM
- By Honey Beagle in forum iPad 4Replies: 2Last Post: 09-21-2015, 08:49 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-21-2015, 08:53 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-21-2015, 08:25 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-20-2015, 11:54 PM