Why is my iPhone 6 asking for an iCloud password from old email address?

I

iMore Question

iPhone 6 asking for iCloud password from old email address

I no longer have access to an old email account that was used to set up an apple ID on my first iPhone years ago and iCloud keeps asking for the password to this old account every 10 seconds. VERY annoying. I changed my apple ID to my current email address and used it to log into iTunes as well as the app. store. The only thing that still gives me the prompt to enter the password for my old email account is iCloud and it will not stop. I entered my old and new password and nothing is working. I tried going into the iCloud account in the settings and every time I do this my phone either freezes or kicks me out of the settings completely. Please help i've read over 15 different solutions to somewhat similar problems on other forums but none of them worked. Thanks!

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: iPhone 6 asking for iCloud password from old email address

You should check your phone to see if any of the areas are still using this email address. App store is one, others include iCloud and Mail. Check those places as well to ensure that it's not being used for something.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: iPhone 6 asking for iCloud password from old email address

Did this happen when restoring a backup or installing apps during a restore?? Re-try syncing apps to iTunes directly connected to a computer... had that happen with a few of my apps that were downloaded under an old AppleID... and if you have to, you can delete the app(s) in question and re-download.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 6 asking for iCloud password from old email address

If the above doesn't work, you will need to contact Apple Accounts support.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro