Anyone Else have iCloud Mail Problems?

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
More specifically, extremely slow receipt of emails (if they come in at all). Noticed it yesterday when I was trying to verify my account on my Windows Notebook, since iCloud is my alternate email address I had a ton of issues receiving the code. They were coming in like an hour to three hours late. I just sent an email from iCloud and it arrived at my Outlook.com account immediately. I replied back to the email and it still hasn't arrived at iCloud (it's not in Junk, I checked it and the email address is in my iCloud Contact card so it wouldn't go there, anyways) 30 minutes later.

I've had a friend email me from Gmail and that one still hasn't come in.

It's kind of hard to take an email service seriously, if you can't receive your emails in a timely fashion. Is anyone else seeing this issue?

I almost want to switch things back to Outlook.com, but I'm pretty sure I won't get the verification emails they send to iCloud so it will just further muck things up.

This has been happening for days now. Emails coming in hours late. Emails not coming at all. This happens even if I use the Web Client, the OS X client, the iPhone client, IMAP through the Windows Mail Client, Outlook 2013, etc.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I haven't experienced any issue all day and I've been on my device nonstop.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I sent myself an email from iCloud to test to make sure the mail client on Windows 10 was working properly, and replied to it at 4:15PM to check the iCloud Mail delivery:

4B643zQ.png

And the email didn't get delivered to me at iCloud until 5:00 PM

f1hUyBs.png

If I send myself an email from iCloud to Outlook.com, the email is delivered within a minute. If I reply back from Outlook to iCloud, or have anyone send me an email to iCloud, the emails take forever to arrive. 45 minutes is way too long to receive an email. It's been doing this for days, now.

The problems are completely one dimensional. Email from iCloud sends flawlessly. Email at every other service is getting delivered within seconds to a minute of it being sent. But, any email sent to iCloud is delayed upwards of 5 hours.

The status shows it's fine but I guess if "is the email coming in" is the benchmark for fine that's accurate. The issue is that 90% of the time, the email comes in ridiculously late. I don't expect Enterprise-level service, but this is getting a bit ridiculous when you're depending on Codes sent to your email to log into other accounts, verify your identity on other services, etc.

eseerc

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I almost want to switch things back to Outlook.com, but I'm pretty sure I won't get the verification emails they send to iCloud so it will just further muck things up.

This has been happening for days now. Emails coming in hours late. Emails not coming at all. This happens even if I use the Web Client, the OS X client, the iPhone client, IMAP through the Windows Mail Client, Outlook 2013, etc.

I feel your pain and have also been going back and forth between iCloud and Outlook.com for my email. I've noticed similar delays in receiving email to my iCloud email account.

Gareth Davis

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
I've been suffering from this problem, on and off, for a good couple of months. I've been searching for others who have had it without any joy so I'm glad to see it's not just me, though not glad that it is happening at all.

A while back I spoke to Apple Support and explained the problems I'd been having but never got a further response or anything like a resolution, despite being told I would do.

I have two iCloud accounts - one for personal emails and one for business, as I'm self-employed. A couple of months or so back the personal account was affected but the business one wasn't, though the problems weren't occurring all the time. Sometimes it would be fine, others it would be bad.

However, for the last few days, the problems have been occurring for both accounts. Email will be fine one day then ridiculously delayed the next. Today it has been shocking, on both accounts. I think the latest arrival of an email has been just over four hours. This is the same on my Mac, my iPhone and my iPad, and given other people are experiencing the issues something is clearly going wrong somewhere.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner