How would I remove iCloud from a phone I bought and the owner is no where to be found?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iMore Question

How would i remove i cloud from a phone i bought and owner no where to be found

I bought an iPhone 6 from a friend who had bought it from another friend, and their icloud is locked onto the phone, and I cant get into it at all, ive tried contacting them and getting onto them but ive had no luck, is there any way I could get rid of their icloud so I can use the phone?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: How would i remove i cloud from a phone i bought and owner no where to be found

There's no way to remove it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: How would i remove i cloud from a phone i bought and owner no where to be found

Get your money back and don't purchase devices from a "friend who had bought it from another friend."

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

I bought an iPhone 6 from a friend who had bought it from another friend, and their icloud is locked onto the phone, and I cant get into it at all, ive tried contacting them and getting onto them but ive had no luck, is there any way I could get rid of their icloud so I can use the phone?

Apple added the Activation Lock to iOS 7 to combat the rampant unauthorized reselling of lost/stolen devices. There is no way around this lockout… your only options are to contact the person you bought it from and (1) get the seller to remove the device from their iCloud account, or (2) get your money back. If you bought it from an honest/legitimate seller, they’ll help you out. If you bought a stolen device from a scumbag, you are simply SOL, and you now own a pretty, albeit expensive, paperweight. You might be able to get a refund if you paid for the device with Paypal - just file a claim and see what happens. Otherwise, you are simply out of luck.

In the future, before you buy a used iOS device make sure there is no active Activation Lock enabled that device. Just get either the serial number or IMEI and enter it here. Apple will report the status of the device.

https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2