How can I delete the iCloud account without pass code, for iPad 2?

I

iMore Question

How can i delete the iCloud account without pass code, for iPad 2.

Hi,

How can i delete the iCloud account without pass code, for iPad 2. Please help me the proper steps.

I forgot the iStore/iTunes password too.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: How can i delete the iCloud account without pass code, for iPad 2.

Hi,

How can i delete the iCloud account without pass code, for iPad 2. Please help me the proper steps.

You cannot. You need the iCloud password.

Apple added the Activation Lock to iOS 7 to combat the rampant unauthorized reselling of lost/stolen devices. There is no way around this lockout… your only options are to contact the person you bought it from and get (1) the Apple ID login credentials, or (2) your money back. If you bought it from an honest/legitimate seller, they’ll help you out. If you bought a stolen device from a scumbag, you are simply SOL, and you now own a pretty, albeit expensive, paperweight. You might be able to get a refund if you paid for the device with Paypal - just file a claim and see what happens. Otherwise, you are simply out of luck.

So there it is. If it's your device, use the link (https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid) to reset the login. If you purchased the device from someone on eBay or CraigsList or a similar site, take whatever recourse you have against the seller to recover your cash.

Of course, if you acquired it by illicit means, be a good guy and return it.

In the future, before you buy a used iOS device make sure there is no active Activation Lock enabled that device. Just get either the serial number or IMEI and enter it here. Apple will report the status of the device.

https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1.

Last edited:

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site

Hi,

As Hank said, you're going to need the passcode. You will have to find the person who the iPad was stolen from and see if they will give you the passcode.

slem182

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site

Wipe from icloud website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Wipe from icloud website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Missed it by =>| |<= that much.

What you are suggesting would work IF you had the iCloud password so that you could log into the iCloud account to wipe the phone. Of course, IF you had the iCloud password that allowed you to log into your iCloud account, then you would not need to wipe the phone - you could simply use the iCloud password to log out of the account on the phone.