iCloud Photo Library (device optimization) + DropBox?
I am pretty stoked on the idea of iCloud Photo Library -- specifically the "device optimized" version... however, I also don't fully trust the service as it's still beta. As a result I am currently using my DropBox Pro subscription mainly for photo backups. At the moment, I'm using both iCloud Photo Library -- the "full resolution" version, though -- and DropBox simultaneously on my iPhone.
If I decide on-device space is more important, and switch to the optimized version of iCloud Photo Library, can I safely assume that DropBox will then be uploading the optimized versions of my photos?
Anyone have any first-hand experience with this?
- 04-06-2015, 04:11 PM #2
- 04-06-2015, 06:26 PM #3
- 04-07-2015, 09:00 AM #4iMore Intermediate
- 419 Posts
Re: iCloud Photo Library (device optimization) + DropBox?
Both upload as is. I prefer OneDrive method because if you have device optimized on you have to download the full file to do anything to it. So you end up wasting MORE device storage and you're still reliant on an Internet connection. You also cannot delete from phone and keep in cloud storage.
Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
- By Targaryen007 in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 5Last Post: 04-07-2015, 02:54 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iCloudReplies: 2Last Post: 04-06-2015, 02:25 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 04-06-2015, 02:23 PM
- By aysha_2 in forum iPhone 5Replies: 2Last Post: 04-06-2015, 02:09 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iCloudReplies: 1Last Post: 04-06-2015, 12:37 PM