how to get around the error of icloud not having enough backup space
I'm on an iPhone 4s with OS 7.
I keep getting an error every day saying my iPhone couldnt be backed up because of a lack of space on iCloud.
I've used 1.8 GB, have 3.2 GB available. In backup options I said to not backup my Photos.
Apparently my backup is a bit larger than what I have available, so I guess 3.4 GB or so (going from memory here). Is there some way to see what amount of the backup is being devoted to what? Because if somethings being backed up that I dont need then I can just tweak that. I cant really see how it would take THREE GIGS to backup what I have when there's no multimedia involved.
Also I wanted to ask what my other options are?
- 03-31-2015, 10:15 PM #2Banned
- 6,101 Posts
Re: how to get around the error of icloud not having enough backup space
To see what's on the device, go to Settings > General > About and look at contents: photos, videos, music, etc. Also, you could connect the phone to your computer and look at the graphic representation of data within iTunes. Can't get more granular than that.
To see what's on your iCloud space, try logging into your iCloud account and viewing the iCloud Drive:
- 04-01-2015, 11:08 AM #3
- By DikaiaKnight in forum VerizonReplies: 6Last Post: 04-27-2016, 05:05 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 04-01-2015, 01:24 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 04-01-2015, 07:30 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 03-31-2015, 10:14 PM