- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Separate Apple ID accounts for iTunes & App Store and iCloud & Game Center
I currently have two Apple ID accounts for my iPhone 5S. The first Apple ID is for iTunes & App Store purchases. The second Apple ID is for my iCloud & Game Center. I'm trying to reduce my online accounts, so I would like to only use one Apple ID. So I have the following questions:
1. How would I set up my iTunes & App Store Apple ID to be used as my iCloud and Game Center as well?
2. Will I lose any data in this process?
3. What are the pros and cons, if any, of having two separate Apple IDs?
- 02-04-2015, 07:37 PM #2
- 38,549 Posts
Re: Separate Apple ID accounts for iTunes & App Store and iCloud & Game Center
Apple IDs cannot be merged. You should use your preferred Apple ID from now on, but you can still access your purchased items such as music, movies, or software using your other Apple IDs.
Source: Frequently asked questions about Apple ID - Apple Support
- By droidman2177 in forum SportsReplies: 2Last Post: 02-16-2015, 08:08 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 02-08-2015, 09:33 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 02-04-2015, 08:24 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 02-04-2015, 06:30 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-04-2015, 06:08 PM