- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
ICloud Storage Question
Please excuse my apple illiteracy :P
I have an IPad Mini and purchased 20gb for .99/month thinking the purchased storage would relieve my iPads capacity.
Unfortunately, I don't even have enough room to update.
Can I store stuff in the cloud that's on the pad and relieve gbs or am I looking at the cloud completely wrong?? HELP
- 12-23-2014, 12:20 PM #2iMore Genius
- 4,495 Posts
Re: ICloud Storage Question
iCloud is manly for backups, you can back up all your photos and documents on there and remove some apps to clean up room, these can always be re-downloaded. I'm not really sure how the photos work though I think if you delete them from your phone they get deleted from your ipad. Personally I use Onedrive from MS, you get 15GB of free storage to upload your photos and documents to, then you can delete them from your ipad and restore them after you upgrade.
Another way is to update your device via a PC or Mac through iTunes, this way you don't need the extra space because the OS gets loaded to the computer first.
- By 21stNow in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 21Last Post: 12-24-2014, 10:16 AM
- By jkeitz in forum iPad 4Replies: 2Last Post: 12-23-2014, 11:25 PM
- By melmurphy in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 12-22-2014, 10:19 PM
- By fourshoesatatime in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 12-22-2014, 09:09 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-21-2014, 09:18 AM