iCloud Drive

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone using iCloud Drive yet? When I upgraded my devices to iOS 8 and Yosemite (both as betas), I did not switch from iCloud to iCloud drive. Curious if anyone has taken the plunge and has any "gotchas" to watch for.

What’s the overall experience so far?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Seems okay to me but somewhat confused about it so far.

I have an "all photos" section but not a camera roll section.

Haven't been on a lot today due to a busy work day so excuse me if I'm missing something.

And not sure if I want to delete a photo off my iPhone does it stay in the cloud.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Seems okay to me but somewhat confused about it so far.

I have an "all photos" section but not a camera roll section.

Haven't been on a lot today due to a busy work day so excuse me if I'm missing something.

And not sure if I want to delete a photo off my iPhone does it stay in the cloud.
Don't know about the "All Photos" album. I have Camera Roll. Does it look like the Camera Roll?
In iCloud, you have iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Sharing. Both are storage and you can delete those from the Camera Roll. Then there's iCloud Photo Stream. That's for streaming photos from one device to another. I think those delete in 30 days. Keep those on the Camera Roll. Then there's iCloud Back Up. That's your back up of what's currently on your device. I hope I got all that right.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone using iCloud Drive yet? When I upgraded my devices to iOS 8 and Yosemite (both as betas), I did not switch from iCloud to iCloud drive. Curious if anyone has taken the plunge and has any "gotchas" to watch for.

What?s the overall experience so far?

I switched to it and have been using it since Beta 2 without any problems. I use Goodreader and a few other iCloud Drive compatible apps to access iCloud Drive. I've yet to create and remove anything to it directly via the iCloud website with the exception of a test folder containing two files. As soon as I created and deleted them, the sync to my iPhone was instant.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have it enabled. But have yet to put it to practical use. I don't have a working computer right now. So I'm not sure what to do with it. I have a few compatible apps, but the need to use them hasn't come up. I don't want iCloud Drive using up my free 5 gb of iCloud storage. I have 82 free gb of storage between three 3rd party apps. I'm still just trying to figure this out.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Have any of you logged on to the iCloud website to see the new iCloud Photo section?

Screen_Shot_2014-10-21_at_11_17_34_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2014-10-21_at_11_17_57_AM.png

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I thought I had the iCloud Photo Library activated, but I had not. I changed the setting, and the Photos icon showed up on my iCloud.

Settings > iCloud > Photos > iCloud Photo Library (Beta) > [ON]

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
For anyone with iCloud Photo Library enabled. Do you have the camera roll of all photos?

Where? Are you talking about on the device? the computer? the cloud? It’s hard to say, because it’s still populating in the cloud, but it’s starting to look like everything is there.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
For anyone with iCloud Photo Library enabled. Do you have the camera roll of all photos?
If you have iCloud Photo Library enabled, you have "All Photos", rather than the "Camera Roll". Same thing, different name.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
If you have iCloud Photo Library enabled, you have "All Photos", rather than the "Camera Roll". Same thing, different name.

Hank, yes in the iPhone.

Lep, thanks. I have it enabled and it's been driving me crazy everyone talking about camera roll. Thanks gents.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro