- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
How to turn off iCloud on shared iTunes accounts?
My parents share an iTunes/iCloud account. My mom just got a new iPhone 5c and my dad has a 4. When they set up the phones they used the same email for itunes because my dad doesn't have an email and barely knows how to use a computer. So since my mom just updated her new phone to the 5c today, my dad is now getting all of her text messages,apps, contacts, etc. now my question is how do I turn off the iCloud or change my fathers iTunes account so he doesn't get my moms info? I'm worried that if I delete the iCloud information on his phone that it will delete on my moms phone since it's happened before.
- 10-07-2014, 09:39 PM #2iMore Intermediate
- 215 Posts
Re: How to turn off iCloud on shared iTunes accounts?
If they want to share iTunes account for purchases you can have one for purchases that they share and then a different iTunes account for email. In setup you login with the shared account under iTunes then the other account use that to log into iCloud for email. This helps with both of them getting the 5gb iCloud space and separate email the can share apps purchased
- By BlazingGold in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 29Last Post: 10-20-2014, 04:34 PM
- By pursuant in forum iTunesReplies: 5Last Post: 10-11-2014, 01:58 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-08-2014, 09:05 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-07-2014, 09:46 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-07-2014, 07:12 PM