ICloud Back up issues

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Over the past week for some reason my iCloud back up was failing to back up my iPhone.

Below is the steps I have completed to get it to work again. Hope this helps others who might run into this issue.

iCloud back up failing can be caused by a corrupt existing backup that needs to be deleted, or by data on your device that is causing the backup to fail. To troubleshoot these, try deleting your last iCloud backup (if you have one) by turning off iCloud Backup in Settings>iCloud>Storage & Backup, then tap Manage Storage, tap your device under Backups, then tap Delete Backup. Then go back and turn iCloud Backup back on and try backing up again.

If it still won't back up, you may have an app or something in your camera roll that is causing the backup to fail. To locate which one, go to Settings>iCloud>Storage & Backup>Manage Storage, tap the name of your device under Backups, under Backup Options tap Show All Apps, then turn them all to Off (including camera roll) and try backing up again. If the backup is successful, then the camera roll and/or one of your apps is causing the backup to fail and you'll have to located by process of elimination. Turn the camera roll On and try backing up again. If it succeeds, turn some of your apps to On and try backing up again. If it succeeds again, turn some more apps to On then try again; repeat this process until it fails. Eventually you'll be able to locate the problem app and exclude it from your backup.

kent1915

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
What about corrupt back ups in itunes its self? any idea how to address those? They appear to be sound but then get corrupt backup when trying to restore...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW