iCloud Drive vs. Dropbox

PeltFrelken

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I rely on Dropbox, heavily, to run my business (file syncing). And it works flawlessly.

But, I think iCloud Drive is going to be a cheaper alternative. Do you think that iCloud will be as quick to sync and as reliable as Dropbox?

Last edited:

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: iCloud vs. Dropbox

iCloud backs up your phone and some files that might be saved to your devices such as pages, etc. I use Dropbox and OneDrive myself to store files, share files and what not. With dropbox you're able to access those files from anywhere and that can't be done with iCloud to my knowledge.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I rely on Dropbox, heavily, to run my business (file syncing). And it works flawlessly.

But, I think iCloud is going to be a cheaper alternative. Do you think that iCloud will be as quick to sync and as reliable as Dropbox?

The upcoming iCloud Drive may indeed prove to be a better option than Dropbox, but that remains to be seen. You can get an overview of the upcoming iCloud Drive via the following link.

https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...mUvbUpU2314316%26subId2%3Dvbim&token=qOzNrq20

PeltFrelken

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site

iCloud backs up your phone and some files that might be saved to your devices such as pages, etc. I use Dropbox and OneDrive myself to store files, share files and what not. With dropbox you're able to access those files from anywhere and that can't be done with iCloud to my knowledge.

Ah, what I meant is iCloud Drive.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I think iCloud Drive is going to be huge. [crosses fingers], but I will still use Box and Dropbox along with iCloud Drive. But only the free storage. I'm not paying for storage. I get 2 gb with Dropbox, 50 gb with Box, and about 20 gb with OneDrive. Oh and 5 gb with Folder Plus. That's 77 gb free. I may not need iCloud Drive. :D

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm hoping for huge things from iCloud but they need to be...I've been using Dropbox for years, am extremely happy with it (especially now that I have 1 TB for the same amount per month).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2