iCloud E-Mail account

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I misunderstood when I needed an iCloud account synced to use Siri for my reminders. I already had a iCloud account but didn't have a iCloud E-Mail account. I made a iCloud mail account which I will never use. My question can I delete just the iCloud mail account without screwing up my iCloud account and if so how? Can I just delete the iCloud mail account while still keeping my regular iCloud account I set up when I first set up my iphone 5S?
Sorry for the dumb questions.
I didn't need to create the iCloud mail account, just had to click the tab on reminders to sync with iCloud for me to use Siri with my stock reminders app. It works great.
Thank You,
Vinny
PS, sorry for rambling on, hope I made sense?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, you can go into the settings and disable syncing of the mail, but I'm not sure about deleting the email account altogether without affecting your other iCloud services. I'm drawing a blank right now and will have to investigate this further. I need more coffee...:)

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I misunderstood when I needed an iCloud account synced to use Siri for my reminders. I already had a iCloud account but didn't have a iCloud E-Mail account. I made a iCloud mail account which I will never use. My question can I delete just the iCloud mail account without screwing up my iCloud account and if so how? Can I just delete the iCloud mail account while still keeping my regular iCloud account I set up when I first set up my iphone 5S?
Sorry for the dumb questions.
I didn't need to create the iCloud mail account, just had to click the tab on reminders to sync with iCloud for me to use Siri with my stock reminders app. It works great.
Thank You,
Vinny
PS, sorry for rambling on, hope I made sense?

If you have an iCloud account, you have an email account. You can't delete it, per se, but you can disable it so it's not pushing emails to your devices. You do that in iCloud settings.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
When you go thru the set-up of a new iphone and a new Apple account the phone asks you if you want to use icloud, I said yes, I used my gmail account as my sign in email for my Apple account. At this point I had no icloud email, that was over 6 months ago, everything just works flawlessly. Yesterday I tried to use siri with my stock reminders app, siri responded it could not make my reminder. After futher info the directions was to sync my icloud with the reminders app in the icloud settings, very simple to do. Not sure why but it hadn't dawned on me i allready had a icloud account, I went forward and created a icloud email account, i wasn't thinking, didn't need it at all, i just went to the icloud settings and turned on reminders to sync with icloud, my reminders with siri works great. Creating the icloud email account 6 months after i had a icloud account is why I ask if I can delete it. Will never use it, not sure if this changes anything in my Apple account signing in to Apple ect. Dumb *** questions probably but I should have never created it.
Thank You,
Vinny

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal