ICloud Drive

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh I'm really excited about the upcoming iCloud Drive feature. What about you?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Not as much, because I'm already invested in Google's Drive, BUT I will check it out for sure, and if they have done a better job and if the cross platform support is there and good, I might switch. Sky Drive, or whatever MicroSoft is calling it these days never quite did it for me, although I do still have an account.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not as much, because I'm already invested in Google's Drive, BUT I will check it out for sure, and if they have done a better job and if the cross platform support is there and good, I might switch. Sky Drive, or whatever MicroSoft is calling it these days never quite did it for me, although I do still have an account.

Dude, I use them all...:)

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Oh I'm really excited about the upcoming iCloud Drive feature. What about you?

I need to see how it might integrate into my workflow before passing judgment. I don't trust Apple to come up with a reliable Dropbox competitor.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

iMaverick

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking forward to this. I've been waiting for Apple to get a solution sorted so I can back up my pictures on line. I'd need at least 500gb so it will be interesting to see the cost.

I'm happy to ditch iPhoto for the "Photos" app coming to OSX but would like to see a fully integrated version of Aperture.

Davingtons

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I think they've got the pricing spot on, with better pricing that Google, Microsoft and Dropbox.

I'm interested to see how it integrates outside of the Apple ecosystem though.

I currently store a lot on OneDrive, but if I can use iCloud on different devices and it offers similar functionality to OneDrive, then I may consider moving.

williamsbh76

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I am excited too. I have a plethora of accounts with several different cloud services. I have never been able to rely on iCloud for anything other than device back up. I got 5GB free from Drop box way back when and use it for almost all document syncing. My family photos and videos are OneDrive because of pricing and the fact that Google's ridiculously slow upload made them impossible to use. I also have a 50GB Box.net account that I cling to for future use that I got when they first started up. I really want to go iCloud Drive once it is up and running and pull everything from OneDrive. I will probably still use Dropbox for work related stuff to keep from giving access to my iCloud Drive.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
As long as it integrates with the OS and has enough storage and works pretty much like Dropbox or SkyDrive or even One Drive I would be happy to use it.

saki1338

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if it will allow for backing up your icloud account to Cloud Drive... I'm sure it will allow the normal storage and usage of any file type, but I am curious about the preferences and settings that are synced in your iCloud backup.

wrldwzrd89

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
iCloud Drive looks very interesting, especially with more than 1 Apple device involved. I could preview it now as I'm a developer but I will wait it out for stability. I definitely plan to use it!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
If apps adopt iCloud drive to the extent that Dropbox is integrated (if that is possible), I will most likely end Dropbox subscription and move to it. I'm pretty excited to see what it can do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk