Is iCloud enough for your cloud storage needs?

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Has iCloud been enough to meet your personal needs for cloud storage?

All of my CD were copied to my hard drive years ago. Then uploaded to Google Play Music.
All of my Photo were also uploaded to Goggle Picasa.
All of my old documents uploaded to Google Drive. (grandfathered in, $5 for 20 G's

So I use the iCloud for everything else & all new docs.
Good Luck

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Everything I have on my iPhone is backed up to Google Drive, Picasa, and Amazon. Plus I also back up to a USB flash drive. I do have iCloud back up on for my Accounts 2 app, and as a second back up for my contacts.
Other than that, I don't concern myself with iCloud or iTunes back up. If my iPhone crashes, that is why I have everything backed up elsewhere. :)

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I only use it for syncing info and contacts etc. between my iPad and MacBook Air. I use google drive, box, amazon, and onedrive for various other cloud storage needs.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Has iCloud been enough to meet your personal needs for cloud storage?

Not at all! They should provide at least 10GB storage free of cost. In today's time, they just giving 5GB! Dammit, they charge so much for iPhone/iPad.. They can have some mercy on us!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Do you mean sufficient in features or in the capacity they offer for free?

So far, 5GB has been sufficient in capacity, but I have been making a conscious decision to not use it as a dumping ground for everything. If we were to have a larger capacity at the free level, then I might be a little less selective about what goes there. It helps that I only have Pages on my Mac and not the other iWork apps.

In terms of features, I think it works well for my PIM type info (contacts, calendar, etc.), but I'm still not sold on the lack of a filesystem and silos between data based on what app put it there. I'd like to be able to share data between apps at the iCloud level to prevent duplicates of files from any app I might want to use to view/edit a file.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Do you mean sufficient in features or in the capacity they offer for free?

So far, 5GB has been sufficient in capacity, but I have been making a conscious decision to not use it as a dumping ground for everything. If we were to have a larger capacity at the free level, then I might be a little less selective about what goes there. It helps that I only have Pages on my Mac and not the other iWork apps.

In terms of features, I think it works well for my PIM type info (contacts, calendar, etc.), but I'm still not sold on the lack of a filesystem and silos between data based on what app put it there. I'd like to be able to share data between apps at the iCloud level to prevent duplicates of files from any app I might want to use to view/edit a file.

Not necessarily for free but enough to satisfy your needs at whichever storage level you choose

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I upped mine to the 10gig. I do think it's slightly unfair that it isn't 5gig per device. If you only buy an iPhone or iPad solo you get 5 gig but if you have one of each still only 5gigs. It's like you are penalized for spending on both.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I upped mine to the 10gig. I do think it's slightly unfair that it isn't 5gig per device. If you only buy an iPhone or iPad solo you get 5 gig but if you have one of each still only 5gigs. It's like you are penalized for spending on both.

Yeah, I thought it'd increase with each device. That seems like it would make things easier on the consumer, but I guess it'd be a headache when people restore or sell a device.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I thought it'd increase with each device. That seems like it would make things easier on the consumer, but I guess it'd be a headache when people restore or sell a device.
I guess- Maybe there could be a way to de-authorize the way you can do with computers...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen