Do you use or have you ever used iWork ?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Of all the new Apple software and access to it where before it was quite expensive do you or have you ever used iWorks? If you have do you like it better or worse that Microsoft Office for MAC and why?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I sync it all.. Using iPad and iPhone on the go... I need the Cloud :) I am willing to allow Apple Eco system to work for me and it does a good job..

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I use iWorks on my MacBook. I prefer it to Microsoft Office because I prefer to use Apple software with Apple products.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I used iWork apps to get me through a post graduate program. Never had any sync issues - and typed hundreds of pages of material and took notes in Pages.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I use the iWork apps on the iPhone/iPad and Pages on the Mac. For basic office document editing, it works fine for me. It does not have all the bells and whistles that Microsoft Office does (on the desktop - haven't tried the iPad versions), but to be honest, I probably don't use 90% of all those bells and whistles when I do use Microsoft Office.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
"iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers, and Keynote are now free with every Mac and iOS device."

The App stores is charging me $9.99....I thought it was free?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
"iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers, and Keynote are now free with every Mac and iOS device."

The App stores is charging me $9.99....I thought it was free?
They're free for new phones bought on or after September 1, 2013. I bought my 5 on August 27th. So I didn't get them free. But my wife got an iPhone 5c this past March and got them free. So since we share an Apple iTunes ID, they went on my purchased list and I was then able to download them free. I've only used Pages and iPhoto. I've found Pages a bit complicated. They are all such large apps. I want iMovie, but will wait for a phone with more space. I have Vizzywig for movies. Got it free in 2012. It's now $29.99.

Sent from from my iPhone 5