The Photostream 30-day limit. How does it work?

Richard Nieves

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
So one service of apples that just makes no sense to me is photo stream. When it was originally announced (and still on the apple support page) it was stats that photos stay on your stream 30 days then get deleted. This confuses me however because first off, I still have every photo I've ever taken since getting an iPhone in March last year and two, IF the limit does get imposed properly isn't that backward thinking? I, pretty sure google and Facebook all allow unlimited photos ect. I hate having to do syncing ect because I forget. I love the idea of photo stream (excluding the 30 day limit) because I can share albums, or just have a copy of my pictures on my devices.

So this 30 day limit, how does it work? I don't understand why I see all my photos on my ipad and iPhone (I only just got my mac recently so haven't really looked at how far back photo stream goes on that but I'd assume the same since it's in the cloud). Did apple just ditch it and keep it quiet? Does the fact I have photos still in my camera roll keep them in photo stream as well?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I get confused by this as well. That's why I back up to other sources like Flickr and Dropbox. I'm just not sure how the iCloud actually works with pictures. If someone can clear it up that would be great.

Sent using Tapatalk

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
There was also something about 1000 photos, I thought. Maybe you haven't gotten to 1000 so the 30 days doesn't affect you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2