Contacts Sync issues with Outlook 2010 (for Mac) and iCloud

Eric Mock

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Spent half the day today at Apple Store w/ Genius folks. They helped to consolidate contacts and remove dups once imported in icontacts. However, no success in syncing contacts between icloud and Outlook 2010 (for Mac). They suggested I reinstall MS Office 2010 (for Mac) and contact MS for help. The situation fell outside the scope of their support.

Do you concur with recommendation or is there another suggestion? It was easy once before latest iTune update and Mavericks...removed "info" option from iTunes, so you can sync w/ other accounts.

Thanks in advance for any advise.

dbpowell

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issue but using a PC instead of a Mac. So far here what I have found, if I have my phone set to backup contacts on the cloud they will not sync or backup with Outlook unless I change the setting in Icloud not to sync contacts then I have the option to sync and update Outlook. I am beginning to think that you can do one or the other but not both. Maybe someone will prove me wrong.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Set up your iCloud as an account in Outlook on your computers... iCloud will be the central point where everything syncs to, so that changes on one will sync to everywhere else. Doing this means you don't sync devices directly to the computer for mail, contacts, and calendar.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice