How to save ALL my contacts into iCloud?

jkk4_1998

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I've got a contact list from work on my iPhone 5 and it doesn't seem to save to iCloud. When I go to the iCloud site, it only lists some of my personal contacts, roughly 20. Am I missing something here? How to save ALL my contacts into iCloud. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

jkk4

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Those work contacts are getting pulled from that server. Best way is to export them and import them to iCloud

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes, looks exactly like this. Also, to John, how would I export those contacts from my company server? FYI, If I delete my company email address, then my contacts go away, so you are right about them residing on the company server.
Export the list as a Vcard and import that file into iCloud ...

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
When you open your contacts tab, do you see something called GROUPS on top left? If yes follow below.

Check Settings>Mail, contacts, calendar> scroll down to contacts> ( There is Sort Order, Display order, short name, My info) do you see one more field called "default contact group" or "Save contact to"? This is the main culprit for your manually added contacts not saving to icloud but some other group.

If you do: open contacts again> Groups> uncheck icloud contacts. See how many contact are other than icloud. If list is small, write them on a piece of paper ( else export vcard 1 by 1 as email to icloud email) and delete them one by one.
Then go to settings>icloud>switch off contacts from icloud sync.

Go to contacts tab again and check if your contact list is clear.

Once clear, uncheck contacts sync from Facebook setting too. ( Settings> scroll down to facebook and turn off Contacts tab there).

After this, restart your phone and see if contact list is still clear.
Then turn on your contacts sync from icloud setting.

Fedja Kapetanovic

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I tried this but list nothing worked for me. My problem is that all of my contacts are in my phone and just a few of them in iCloud, I don't know why iCloud choose just those contacts to copy but I want them all in iCloud and I don't know how to do that. I do all possible sync and everything works but contacts sync.

I would appreciate any help

Jennnnnn

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I finally figured it out!!!! YOU DO NOT HAVE TO EXPORT/ OR WRITE DOWN EVERY CONTACT INDIVIDUALLY.

I'm assuming you have all your accounts synced up with your iPhone but your problem is that you want all your contacts from one email address to show up under your iCloud. It is possible to get all the contacts into your iCloud; however going forward you will have to set your default to iCloud. It may be possibly but I have not discovered a way to keep all contacts across multiple email addresses all syncing with each other.

On your computer open contacts-> on top left select "contacts"-> Accounts -> Click the account you wish to move the contacts from and make sure contacts is checked.

Then...

Go back to contacts and select contacts under the account you wish to transfer from. This will show the contacts stored only on that account. Select one of the contacts in the list (it will turn blue) -> use command+A to select all the contacts -> two finger click and select "export v card" and save it somewhere on your computer.

Then...

on the left select the account you want to transfer to (your iCloud account). On the top left click File -> Import -> select the card file that you just saved and that should transfer them all in and alert you if there are any duplicates that you are attempting to transfer in. =)

Remember to change the settings on your phone so that all new contacts you put in are saved to your iCloud account (on phone: Settings-> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> Scroll to choices listed under "contacts"->Default Account-> Select iCloud.

Hope this helps!

Michael Maitlen

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Ritesh,

Do you know how to do these on the latest versions? I no longer see the option "Default Groups"... Just Sort Order, Display Order, Show in App Switcher, Short Name, and My Info...

Thanks!

Mike

Michael Maitlen

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Jennnnn,

Killer job! I've been working on this for hours today! I thought since everything was "synced" in iCloud that my contacts should be under the "iCloud" group but manually adding them makes sense too - just wish it was more intuitive. Thanks!!!

Mike

Michael Maitlen

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Jennnnn,

Killer job! I've been working on this for hours today! I thought since everything was "synced" in iCloud that my contacts should be under the "iCloud" group but manually adding them makes sense too - just wish it was more intuitive. Thanks!!!

Mike

I finally figured it out!!!! YOU DO NOT HAVE TO EXPORT/ OR WRITE DOWN EVERY CONTACT INDIVIDUALLY.

I'm assuming you have all your accounts synced up with your iPhone but your problem is that you want all your contacts from one email address to show up under your iCloud. It is possible to get all the contacts into your iCloud; however going forward you will have to set your default to iCloud. It may be possibly but I have not discovered a way to keep all contacts across multiple email addresses all syncing with each other.

On your computer open contacts-> on top left select "contacts"-> Accounts -> Click the account you wish to move the contacts from and make sure contacts is checked.

Then...

Go back to contacts and select contacts under the account you wish to transfer from. This will show the contacts stored only on that account. Select one of the contacts in the list (it will turn blue) -> use command+A to select all the contacts -> two finger click and select "export v card" and save it somewhere on your computer.

Then...

on the left select the account you want to transfer to (your iCloud account). On the top left click File -> Import -> select the card file that you just saved and that should transfer them all in and alert you if there are any duplicates that you are attempting to transfer in. =)

Remember to change the settings on your phone so that all new contacts you put in are saved to your iCloud account (on phone: Settings-> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> Scroll to choices listed under "contacts"->Default Account-> Select iCloud.

Hope this helps!

Kaleemullah Adil

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. This worked for me. -->Settings-->Mail,Contacts,Calender-->Off iCloud Sync(Delete all Option)-->On iCloud Sync.

Post sync, all your iPhone contacs should be available on iCloud aswell. thanks.

kidclam

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Alternatively and much quicker, I just clicked on the side tab On my Mac and highlighted the full list and just dragged into iCloud contact section, and it copied all the contacts into there. I then double checked the iCloud list to see if there are any duplicates and edited which ones I needed. It was so fast.

Vaudousi

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
I am a french speaking person.. Many thanks for letting me in.

My question is in the title. I am looking for help. I use an iPhone 5S and my computers are under W10. Even after reading some suggestions from some members of this group, i still cannot display all my contacts under iCloud.

Thanks

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative