What's the iCloud IMAP server information?
When sending and receiving email, there's usually a method for sending and a method for receiving. In regard to iCloud, the information needed to configure a 3rd party email application to SEND email can be found via the following link: However, in this particular thread, information will be provided that will allow you to configure 3rd party apps to be able to receive iCloud email via the IMAP protocol.
However, in this particular thread, information will be provided that will allow you to configure 3rd party apps to be able to receive iCloud email via the IMAP protocol.
IMAP (Incoming Mail Server) information:
- Server name: imap.mail.me.com
- SSL Required: Yes
- Port: 993
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org (use your @me.com address from your iCloud account)
- Password: Your iCloud password
Note: If you receive errors using SSL, try using TLS instead. SSL is required for both IMAP and SMTP connection with iCloud. POP is not supported by iCloud.
For more information on how to use this information with your email application, consult your application's documentation.
Reference: iCloud: Mail server information
- 11-21-2013, 08:23 PM #2
- By Just_Me_D in forum iCloudReplies: 1Last Post: 11-21-2013, 08:25 PM
- By John Yester in forum iCloudReplies: 1Last Post: 11-21-2013, 05:24 PM
- By John Yester in forum iOS 7Replies: 0Last Post: 11-21-2013, 04:49 PM
- By Chris Parsons in forum iPadReplies: 1Last Post: 11-21-2013, 04:00 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-21-2013, 03:50 PM