What is the iCloud's SMTP server information for outgoing email?
Sometimes I forget that there are people who use and/or want to use iCloud on a device other than one made by Apple or via a 3rd party email app. On many occasions, those email apps need to be manually configured with information other than an email address and its associated password. Well, below is the SMTP (outgoing) server information needed to be able to SEND iCloud email via a 3rd party email application.
- Server name: smtp.mail.me.com
- SSL Required: Yes
- Port: 587
- SMTP Authentication Required: Yes
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org (use your @me.com address from your iCloud account)
- Password: Your iCloud password
Note: If you receive errors using SSL, try using TLS instead. SSL is required for both IMAP and SMTP connection with iCloud. POP is not supported by iCloud.
Reference: iCloud: Mail server information
- 11-21-2013, 08:25 PM #2
- By lmbrrt in forum iOS 7Replies: 1Last Post: 11-21-2013, 07:30 PM
- By John Yester in forum iCloudReplies: 1Last Post: 11-21-2013, 05:24 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-21-2013, 05:00 PM
- By John Yester in forum iOS 7Replies: 0Last Post: 11-21-2013, 04:49 PM
- By Chris Parsons in forum iPadReplies: 1Last Post: 11-21-2013, 04:00 PM