iCloud 2 factor authentication, how do I set it up?
I get asked this question quite a bit (which honestly kind of surprises me) so I figured others might need to know it as well:
Set up two-step verification at My Apple ID:
Select “Manage your Apple ID” and sign in.
Select “Password and Security”.
Under Two-Step Verification, select Get Started and follow the onscreen instructions.
How does it work?
When you set up two-step verification, you register one or more trusted devices. A trusted device is a device you control that can receive 4-digit verification codes using either Find My iPhone notifications or SMS to verify your identity.
Then, any time you sign in to manage your Apple ID at My Apple ID or make an iTunes, App Store, or iBooks Store purchase from a new device, you will need to enter both your password and a 4-digit verification code as shown below.
After you sign in, you can manage your account or make purchases as usual. Without both your password and the verification code, access to your account will be denied.
You will also get a 14-digit Recovery Key for you to print and keep in a safe place. You will use your Recovery Key to regain access to your account if you ever lose access to your devices or forget your password.
You can read more about it here - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5570
- 12-02-2013, 11:24 AM #2
- By Chris Parsons in forum Mac Apps & GamesReplies: 6Last Post: 09-26-2014, 10:50 AM
- By Chris Parsons in forum Apple WatchReplies: 6Last Post: 03-21-2014, 10:25 AM
- By jsntrenkler in forum OS X Mavericks (10.9)Replies: 2Last Post: 12-02-2013, 02:47 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 11-21-2013, 09:02 AM
- By jsntrenkler in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 11-20-2013, 06:36 PM