re-sync outlook - icloud - iphone after corruption

defting

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Here is what I have done:

1. I signed out of iCloud on my PC

2. I logged into iCloud with iPhone still synced ? deleted all contacts and calendars (is there a faster way to do this?)

3. Wait for sync and check that there are no iPhone contacts or calendar entries.

Question

Now if I sign back in to iCloud on my PC and sync will it delete my Outlook contacts and calendar, or will it simply start the upload and sync again leaving all contacts and calendars in Outlook?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If I'm understanding you correctly, you have deleted your iCloud contacts contacts. Your Outlook.com contacts should still be intact unless you've deleted them by mistake. If your device has been corrupted, this is what I recommend you do:

1. Connect your device to your computer and backup its data.
2. Put the device in DFU Mode and then select to restore it via iTunes.
3. After the process has finished, do NOT restore from a backup, but set it up as new.
4. Configure Outlook.com email and calendar stuff, if applicable, and then check to see if the associated contacts sync to your device.
5. Do the same for iCloud, but I doubt the contact sync being that it appears you've deleted them. Hopefully, you only deleted them from your device.

defting

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for the confusion - im using Outlook on a computer and syncing the .pst file not Outlook.com
After having iCloud setup and syncing between my computer and phone things got very corrupt.
I want to delete all contacts and calendars from the phone and iCloud.
Then setup the iCloud control panel again on my PC to sync Outlook.

I'm a little worried that it may delete my contacts and calendars out of my computers Outlook .pst file.

defting

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
iCloud created 14 calendars and 14 contact lists
I had one set of contacts and one calendar
it took me about three days to get my Outlook .pst file fixed ... removing duplicated etc.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2