Help Please - How to input updated Apple ID into iCloud settings on iphine and ipad?

foxhunter

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Please somebody help me with Apple ID issue and iCloud.

Killed old email addy I used for apple ID. Changed primary email and Apple ID to new email addy on appleid.com on my windows 7 pc. I assumed (wrongly) that would automatically change the apple id on my iphone4 and my ipad2. Discovered during normal use that I had to type in the new apple id when using app store or itunes store on both pad and phone. OK, so that's done.

However, when I look at iCloud on either ipad or iphone, the Account login default is the old (now invalid) apple id. I cannot type in the new apple id. There is no apparent way to log out of that apple id on the Settings > iCloud page. The only way to get out of the old apple id in icloud appears to be "Delete Account". I'm a little afraid to do that...?

TIA..

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Delete the account. It will not destroy your data. After you delete the account, reconfigure it with your new Apple ID credentials. All of your previous iCloud data will sync back to your device. If you'd like, feel free to do a backup via iTunes on your computer beforehand.

Leah Douglas

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem and have tried to delete the account but when I do I get the prompt for the password for the old email address
Very frustrating (on my iPhone)

cazbo41

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
The same thing is happening to me, when trying to delete the account it keeps on asking for password to old email so can not delete the account.... can anyone help? I'm losing the will to live.....................

cazbo41

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem and have tried to delete the account but when I do I get the prompt for the password for the old email address
Very frustrating (on my iPhone)

I have done it at long flaming last.... it has drove me bonkers for days.......

just follow these instructions

Removing iCloud account via www.icloud.com
1.Device must be switched OFF*
2.Log into www.icloud.com with your Apple ID and password
3.Select ?Find My iPhone?
4.Select your iPhone from ?All Devices? drop down (top, centre of screen)
5.Device should show as OFFLINE
6.Select ?Remove from Account?
7.Select ?Remove on confirmation message?

*Your iPhone must be switched off so it shows as ?Offline?, otherwise the option to ?Remove from Account? will not appear.
If you have recently switched your iPhone off, you may have to wait
a few minutes for it to show as ?Offline?.

But remember when you turn the phone back on it will ask to set

for new iphone,
set from icloud
or set from iTunes

please please please be advised to set as NEW iPHONE....the only one that works.

and whal...lah :biggrin: it working..................:beer:

good luck to all

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner