New iWorks for iCloud Beta

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I'm from the PC world and use MS products so not familiar with iWorks. Currently, there is an iWorks icon in my iCloud folder that describes the current apps, including their cost. Will there be a cost for the apps after beta? I would be interested in the Pages app.

No annoucement on cost of iWorks through iCloud. Regardless, you need the apps on your iPad or iPhone (not free) if you're planning on syncing them through iCloud to iWorks. You can't access iCloud fom your devices. Only from a laptop/desktop.

Good Luck

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm quite excited about this. I've not had a chance to purchase Pages or Keynote on my Mac yet. (I have the iOS version) I got MS Office for Mac through my university but I think the look of Word is just UGLY and dated on the Mac...

I totally forgot that I got invited to try iWork on iCloud and I have some documents I need to type up this week. Very excited to give it a try. I'm still probably going to purchase iWork though at the beginning of the semester.

heberman

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I received the invite and checked it out. The problem is, I'm not sure when I would ever use it. I use Pages on my Macbook Pro and I use Pages on my iPad. Not sure why I need another version that is online only.

mij9895

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Strange, I never got the invite email, but on my Apple ID that was attached to my former dev account, I am able to access the beta without issue. Anyone else ever sign up for the developer portal in the past. PS. I still have free access to the dev portal and general release software, just not the beta software.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

mij9895

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I received the invite and checked it out. The problem is, I'm not sure when I would ever use it. I use Pages on my Macbook Pro and I use Pages on my iPad. Not sure why I need another version that is online only.

It'll sync between your Mac and iPad once iOS 7 and Mavericks are released with newer versions of the iWork's apps.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So, what is the criterion for getting the invite? In other words why am I not getting one? :D

It has been said that the criteria for early access is that you must already use iWork on your Mac and backup documents to the iCloud. I have no proof to back that up, but I do use iWorks on my MacBook and I did already have documents backed up via iCloud.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Act the risk of stating the obvious, have any of you, who have not received an invite tried to sign on to iCloud and see if the beta apps are there?
Good Luck

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
It has been said that the criteria for early access is that you must already use iWork on your Mac and backup documents to the iCloud. I have no proof to back that up, but I do use iWorks on my MacBook and I did already have documents backed up via iCloud.
Thanks, I do already have documents backed up via iCloud but do not use iWork on my Mac. Oh well I guess I need to wait.
Act the risk of stating the obvious, have any of you, who have not received an invite tried to sign on to iCloud and see if the beta apps are there?
Good Luck
I did and it just says "Coming Soon: ........."

Sent From My iPhone 5 Using Tapatalk

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Thanks, I do already have documents backed up via iCloud but do not use iWork on my Mac. Oh well I guess I need to wait.
I did and it just says "Coming Soon: ........."

I don't have iWorks on my MBA either but I do have Numbers and Pages on my iPad and iPhone and I use iCloud.

Good Luck

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I believe the web still isn't able to fully compete with desktop apps. The web has come a long way, but lacks the power of a true app.

N4uajBill

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site

I could see a student using it working with school library computers or even if they are working with other students on a group project and would want to allow others in the group to log in and make additions or other changes on the documents.

madeinhb

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I could see a student using it working with school library computers or even if they are working with other students on a group project and would want to allow others in the group to log in and make additions or other changes on the documents.

Perfect for note taking in class too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
i tried it out. I will say it screwed up the formatting of my resume when i uploaded it. It has several text boxes and what not. So i think iworks would have issues with Microsoft word formmatting which would be a very big problem. I don't have issues with skydrive or google drive. I hope they work that out. I'll play around with it more some time though.

So, what is the criterion for getting the invite? In other words why am I not getting one? :D

I don't think that's it. I'm on PC. I only use icloud to back up downcast subscriptions, backups and contacts. No itunes, music, no match, no photos etc. I Don't own iworks on my iphone and i got an invite two days ago. Don't know why. But the day it was announced that betas where going out i logged into icloud from my pc browser, clicked on iwork. it said "beta coming", and i clicked whatever links were on that page to give more info. I think it took me to some informative pages or opened up the apple site. But a few days later i got an invite. I kinda speculated that since they have my log in info, by clicking on iwork they'd be getting info that i'm inquiring about how to use it and that may make them send me an invite. That was actually the only reason i started clicking stuff. Sadly i doesn't come with free iworks for iphone but i heard that may go free when ios 7 launches. But that's how my invite happened.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Finally! Just got my invite this morning.

Looking forward to trying it out after work.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Better late than never charlyee.
Good Luck
Thanks, liking it so far. :)

Brought in some of my existing documents into Pages, some formatting got messed up and opening was slow but nothing major.

Haven't tried Numbers or Keynote yet.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I've never used iWork but did get a beta invite recently. I guess using iCloud to back up iPad/iPhone data counts? (shrug)

Anyway, I know that beta is beta, but is anyone else unable to take a picture in pages and bring to front/send to back in relation to other pics/text? Having never used the product before, a quick google search showed where the option is at, but was not available on my iCloud version.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh