really need help with this my apple id

ruairidh11

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
i had a apple id account and for some reason it stopped working and at the same time my email address is all messed up so i made second apple id all i need to know is how i can transfer my music and stuff on to my new id and change it on phone if someone could please give a hand here it would be great cos i am ****ed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you've logged onto the the My Apple ID site via a computer and changed your Primary Apple ID as directed by Apple then all you have to do is go to Settings-iTunes & App Store, Click on your Apple ID (old One) and then sign out. Now sign in with your new Apple ID. Your purchased apps and games should be readily available for download in the purchased section of the App Store and the iTunes app.

Apple ID: Changing the email address you use for your Apple ID

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
i had a apple id account and for some reason it stopped working and at the same time my email address is all messed up so i made second apple id all i need to know is how i can transfer my music and stuff on to my new id and change it on phone if someone could please give a hand here it would be great cos i am ****ed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you've logged onto the the My Apple ID site via a computer and changed your Primary Apple ID as directed by Apple then all you have to do is go to Settings-iTunes & App Store, Click on your Apple ID (old One) and then sign out. Now sign in with your new Apple ID. Your purchased apps and games should be readily available for download in the purchased section of the App Store and the iTunes app.

Apple ID: Changing the email address you use for your Apple ID

The method JustMe'D outlined will work IF you simply changed the email address associated with your Apple ID. However, if you created a NEW Apple ID, that is, if you created a NEW ACCOUNT, then you can’t get there from here. Currently Apple has no way of merging Apple ID accounts or of moving/migrating previous purchases from one account to an other.

I’d strongly suggest that you submit a help ticket to Apple via the Support page (=> LINK ) and get Apple to help you sort it all out.

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I am in the process of completely removing myself from everything Google. Because of this I needed to change my Apple ID, which I did. So my outlook.com is now my primary ID. I have 2 Gmail addresses that were primaries in the past and ones that I have made purchases with. So, if I delete the Gmail addresses from the account will the items that I purchased still be linked/available under this ID? Hope that makes sense?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I am in the process of completely removing myself from everything Google. Because of this I needed to change my Apple ID, which I did. So my outlook.com is now my primary ID. I have 2 Gmail addresses that were primaries in the past and ones that I have made purchases with. So, if I delete the Gmail addresses from the account will the items that I purchased still be linked/available under this ID? Hope that makes sense…

The key to the Apple ID that you used for your AppStore purchases is the account itself. You can change the email addresses at anytime by updating your info in the AppStore. (Go to iTunes, click the STORE tab and then log in and edit your info). If you simply create a new account with a different email address, you will lose access to your previous content and will have to constantly be switching between Apple IDs to be able to update old apps.

In the scenario you outlined, make sure your primary Apple ID (iTunes purchases) has the email address that you want to use associated with it and then, yes, you can delete the old email addresses without fear of messing anything up.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77